Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Good Behavior Charts

Andrew and Bella have been having trouble getting there homework done at nights, mostly because they won't tell me what all they have to do. They would tell me what homework they had then when there dad got home they would tell him what more they had. I got so sick and tired of them not telling me all there homework I talked to them several times about it, punished them but it just continued to happen. To add to all of that Bella would fight me on reading because she struggles with it. I would sit with her for on hour and a half a night and help her but she just wouldn't try. I was getting fed up with it all so I decided to try something different. So I made up these good behavior charts. Each square has three days in it and every two squares is a week. A row is a month. So everyday when they get home I look through there bags to make sure all there homework gets done, they each read for 20 mins and I even got Bella wanting to read, then they do there chores and NO FIGHTING!!! After each day if I decide it was all done correctly they get to mark off that day. When three days in the square are all marked they get to choose a sticker. Stickers can be taken away for bad behavior. If they get a whole row of stickers, so a month, then they get a special treat from me. That made them so excited and when there mom saw the charts she said that she would give them something special too. It's been about a week and a half and all homework has been done, all thing's needing parents signatures have been sighned and there have been less fights. They get so excited everyday to mark it off and they love choosing a sticker. I only have the charts done for three months so far. I'm going to wait and see how it all goes.



2 comments:

  1. Wish you were here to get my kids to do their homework!!! I hate it like crazy!!! You are doing a good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! that was a really good idea!! i hope that it works out for u!

    ReplyDelete