Friday, October 23, 2009

Andrew's Grounded

So today I grounded Andrew for the first time. They are suppose to have no homework on fridays, so when I went through his bag today and found a worksheet I asked when it was due. Now he has one of these spelling worksheets every week and I know that they are due on fridays. So I asked him to see what he would say. He looked at me then looked down and said "it was due today." I asked why he didn't turn it in, he said "it wasn't finished." Now he knows that he is suppose to finish his homework everyday in order to get his mark for the day, and he had told me on thursday that it was all done. Then he asked to ride his bike. So I let them both out before it got dark. So I asked him if he had lied to me on thursday aboput his homework being done. He said yes. Then he started to cry. He is the most sensative little boy I have ever met, I mean I wasn't even yelling at him and he burst into tears. I asked why he didn't finish it if he knew it was due today. He said "just because and I wanted to ride my bike." Well I told him his mark was taken away for thursday because he didn't finish his work and he lied. That made him cry even harder, I mean full on heaving chest, crocodile tears, runny nose, everything!! I told him to stop crying and go finish his worksheet. He was at the table not working and just crying. Now I was really getting frustrated. I told him to work and he said through tears "I don't have a pencil." Oooh I was frustrated I said well Andrew get up and get one then. He gets one and sits back down. Still not working. I said Andrew what are you doing finish your worksheet. Still crying "the pencil isn't sharpened." OH MY HECK SERIOUSLY GO SHARPEN IT!! Well 30 minutes later the tears are still falling non-stop and he hasn't done a thing. So I told him he could either do the worksheet or he'd be grounded. Well that made him cry harder and 10 minutes later nothing was done. So not only did he get grounded but he got to sit in a corner till he calmed down wich took another 15 minutes, then alot of talking to. Finally he calmed down enough to do his worksheet. I told him that I was going to have to tell his parents about it, and the tears started again. I told him he better not start that again or I would ground him more. That made him stop. So his parents got home I went to the bank and when I came back Andrew was upstairs. I knew that if he was downstairs when I told his parents that they would probably ground him longer so I decided to tell them while he wasn't there. So I said Andrew got into trouble tonight. Roy was like "ya he told us what happened. He was trying to get out of being grounded by telling us what happened." He started to laugh. That little terd was trying to get his parents to override my punishment on him, I knew it wouldn't happen because they gave me full power to punish how I see fit on all the children. Anyways I only grounded him for a week from riding his bike. I didn't think it was that bad of a punishment. However since he tried to get out of it through his parents, because they obviously knew what he was trying to do, they grounded him from playstation for a week. Let's say I don't think Andrew will try that ever again he just doubled his punishment!!! It was a very long night!!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I'm not looking forward to Hailey trying to do that...but good for you for sticking with the punishment. Hopefully he learned something...don't mess with Tianna Jacobson!

    ReplyDelete