Friday, December 4, 2009

Native American Project

Bella had to do a project on how a group of Native Americans lived. She chose the Powhattans. They live in teepee's and they hunt, that was as much info. she had for me. She asked me if she could play with it when she gets it back and the boys were excited about that too. I didn't care I just didn't want it broken before she turned it in. Well the morning she took it to school she DROPPED it in the kitchen!!!! It was NOT heavy at all she just wasn't paying attention. Almost ALL of the pieces BROKE!! Now this was the last day she could turn it in because we would be gone the next week, so I had to hurry with the hot glue gun and fix it the best I could. Well we got it out the door and Bella told me that her's was the best in the class. She got an A so I'm HAPPY!! Anyways this is the final product!!

I used clay to mold all the figures and pots and painted them.

We got sticks from outside for the base, then we used felt to cover it. I had Bella draw pictures on it like the Indians did to tell there stories. She liked that and she was very creative with it.

The horses were the hardest, they took a long time to dry because of how thick they were.

No comments:

Post a Comment