Monday, October 29, 2012

Locked Out!!

Today was Richard's first day f work and I had a Dr.'s apt and we only have one working car. So we borrowed a car from his parents. Richard was suppose to take his parents car and leave me our car, well imagine my surprise this morning when I wake up and see our car gone! :( Well that's fine it's not a big deal. So I get ready, walk out the door and remember I forgot something. I turn around to go back in the house and I freeze and that I have just Locked myself out of my House!!! We have an extra set of keys but they are in the house. So I think "Well, I guess I'm gonna have to break in." Fortunately or Unfortunately, I'm not sure which right now, we have a window that has no glass, it's just plastic and tape!
This is the window. So I tear off the pound of tape and pop the window out. I then proceed to hoist my leg up as far as my pregnant belly will allow, fortunately after a couple of tries I got it on the ledge then I pull my fat self up and crawl through the window!

I'm now half in and half out of that dang window. Thank goodness we have this weight bench next to the window, I'm pretty sure it saved my life. I held onto it while crawling the rest of the way through and getting down.

 I then had to fix the dang window again, with another roll of tape, before grabbing the spare keys and running back out the door. It was defiantly an interesting day.

It's hard to see but the piece of plastic is broken in several pieces so not only is it taped into the window it's also covered in tape to stay in one piece. It's kinda disturbing how easy it is to break into my house!!

No comments:

Post a Comment