Friday, December 14, 2012

Updates!!

I've got lot's of updates that I've been meaning to post for a while now. First our kitchen! When I moved in the lovely cabinets were half green half brown and they were hideous!! So we got to work making them look better until we can get new ones.
Lovely Cabinets!

Richard sanded off most of the green paint.
The lovely mess!
We painted the sanded cabinets with a coat of very smelly primer, Richard had to do that since I was all pregnant and shouldn't breath in the fumes. He was pretty lightheaded afterwards!
Our Finished Cabinets!! 
They look much better than they did, however they still have there issues because they were built by the original owner of the house and let's just say he shouldn't build things! They are uneven and to small to fit most of the boxes and jars I put in them. Most everything is on it's side so I can't put much in there. But I am so happy with how they turned out!

This is the counter top, the awesome grout get's so dirty and even when I scrub and scrub it never seems to get any cleaner. It's also hard to put any kind of dough on it because the grout comes off and get's in my dough!!! Grrrrr, so I found a solution on pinterest :)

I bought a roll of laminate paper that you put in shelves to keep them clean. Then I simply put it on the counter. I love that it looks like a fancy counter top when it only cost me $5!! And it get's rid of my nasty grout issue! It cleans up nicely and when it get's worn down I can just replace it. And it looks Great with the cabinets!!
LOVE my new counter top!!
The only thing left in my kitchen that I wish I could change is the brick floor! I don't know why they thought this was a good idea, or looks good, or anything because it's horrible! It's hard, cold and very easy to trip over! But there is nothing we can do about it without hiring someone to rip it all out along with the floor underneath it and put down a new one. Wow that would be expensive! So it stay's. It's livable.

Next we have Owen's room. I was told that it use to be very bright green! When I moved in this is how it looked. Anna had already primed it so now we just had to choose a color and paint. I was 3 months prego when we painted this room so I took breaks from the fumes but we got it painted pretty fast.


The final product!! I love how it turned out and it looks even better with the crib set! Can't wait for my baby to be here!


Love the bedding we got for Owen. I want more thing's to go on the wall's to make it look more homey but everything is just so dang expensive. So for now it will get a couple of shelves and be called good.

Onto the hallway, they were half white half wood. I put 5 coats of paint on the doors and the trim and it finally covered all the wood. Well sort of, if you look close enough you can still see some of the wood peeking through but it is a vast improvement!!

Nice white trim and doors and no more stark white walls!! I got the walls painted a month ago and it was way more difficult being farther along in the pregnancy. I got so tired so fast. Good thing the hallway isn't very big so it was fast to paint. I'm just so glad it's done! The house still has a lot of fixer-up projects but for now we feel good about what we have done.


So my wonderful husband decided one night that he wanted to shave his face! I have never seen his face without hair on it and I know he has a baby face so I was a little nervous/anxious to see the end result. And of course he couldn't just shave it off because he is a dork and had to do it in stages :)
With all his facial hair!
GOATEE!!
 He wears it like this sometimes so it wasn't a shock to see.
MUSTACHE!!
LOL He look's like his dad like this, hehehe
HITLER STASH!!
 I have no words for this! When he came out of the room I  was expecting him to have it all shaved off so imagine my surprise when I saw this hahahaha :) He was having a hard time not laughing for the picture!

BABY FACE!!
Ahhhh I married a 15 yr old!! It took me a while to be able to look at him and not see a little boy. Even days after it was still really weird to see him without his facial hair. At least I know what my boys will look like when they are teenagers :)




3 comments:

  1. Oh my heck Tianna! Your house looks soooooooo good! Whenever I get a house, I'll hire you to do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on all the rooms!!! I love love love the kitchen you guys did a great job. Owens room is super cute. I love the color and the bedroom set. It is such a great feeling to get things changed to how you want them. Hopefully someday we can come see your house in person. Great Job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE all your painting projects. The kitchen is AMAZING and the baby's color of blue is SUPER CUTE!! You are amazing at all these fixer-upper projects. You should totally be proud! I loved the baby face of your hubby too! :)

    ReplyDelete